EARTH DAY ATLANTA 2017 Daily Update: Sat, April 22, 2017
Earth Day 1970 achieved a rare political alignment, enlisting support from Republicans and Democrats, rich and poor, city slickers and farmers, tycoons and labor leaders.
2017 Inaugural Vine City-Friends of English Avenue Earth Day Festival – Sat, 1-5 at Vine City Park will feature Emcee The Green Guy Eric Moncrief, Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders, Captain Planet Eco-Entertainment by Captain Planet & The Planeteers, Food Trucks, etc.
- Green Guy Eric Moncrief interviews Vine City Friends of English Avenue Earth Day Festival 2017 organizers John Gordon and Lance Robertson
Earth Day on English Avenue Friends of English Avenue in partnership with the Captain Planet Foundation will host its inaugural Earth Day on English Avenue! The two-day event will take place Friday, April 21 and Saturday, April 22, featuring a Community Clean Up (April 21st & 22nd as presented by Friends of English Avenue) and the Earth Day 5K and Kid’s Fun Run (Saturday morning the 22nd as presented by Captain Planet Foundation). With 600 volunteers registered for the community clean up, this volunteer opportunity may be closed, see Friends of English Avenue
- Atlanta Botanical Garden’s “Earth Day” celebration
- March for Science Atlanta
- Georgia Aquarium’s “Superhero Day
LIFECYCLE BUILDING CENTER: Annual Earth Day, 10-4, 20% off everything in store! The heart of the LBC is our Retail Store from which we sell or direct new and used building materials to the public. The 70,000 square foot store is open to the general public five days a week. LBC’s pricing structure is between 50-85% below new material costs.
- Atlanta Streets Alive, Sun 4-23, Volunteers Needed An initiative of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition
- April 23, from 2:00-6:00pm. Lifecycle Building Center will have a booth on the west end of the 4-mile stretch of street from Grant Park to Westview. The streets will be opened to people on foot, bike, and other human-powered activities, and closed to motorized traffic. To volunteer at LBC’s booth please click HERE.
CHaRM The Center for Hard to Recycle Materials, is a permanent drop-off facility that aims to improve our environmental health by encouraging reuse and diverting thousands of pounds of household hazardous waste, bulky trash and other hard to recycle items from Metro-Atlanta landfills and water systems.
- April 22-Kids Recycle Day@CHaRM 9am-2pm
- Accepted Hard To Recycle Materials such as paint, tires, mattresses, electronics, hazardous checmicals, plus glass, clothing, plastics, styrofoam
- Small fee for some items to cover cost of responsible disposal or reuse
- April 27-A CHaRMing Evening at Venkman’s
- Fernbank Science Museum, Saturday, 10-2
- Join us as we celebrate our planet with nature-themed activities, crafts and demonstrations.
- April 22nd, Keep Atlanta Beautiful Inc. Community Recycling @ Atlantic Station,10:00am-3:00pm keepatlantabeautiful.org/happenings/
KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR MORE ON EARTH DAY ATLANTA 2017! Remember, everyday is Earth Day!! Listen to Atlanta-based sustainability talk show host and advocate Green Guy Eric Moncrief on iHeart radio app or WGST am 9-10a.m. every Sunday morning. Show archives here.